PythonCyc for Pathway Tools
PythonCyc: A Python Interface for Pathway Tools
It is now possible to use the Python programming language to query
and modify an organism database (i.e., a PGDB) of Pathway Tools via the
newly developed PythonCyc package. You will need the latest version of
Pathway Tools, that is, version 18.5 (November 2014), to use
- PythonCyc is hosted on GitHub. To use PythonCyc, you will have to download it from GitHub and install it on your local computer.
- The PythonCyc tutorial describes how to install PythonCyc and the main functionalities available.
- PythonCyc has over 150 functions to interact with Pathway Tools.
In particular, you can extract and manipulate all data from PGDBs and modify your own PGDBs by using the well-known Python programming language.
- You can run metabolic models via MetaFlux using PythonCyc.
- The complete PythonCyc API
documentation is available online.